35mmforum.co.uk
June 19, 2018, 12:18:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Good to see the forum going from strength to strength.
Welcome to the european 35mmforum.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
[EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU]
Topic: SAX 35mm projectors  (Read 1411 times)
Patrick Walsh

« on: October 26, 2010, 04:05:22 AM »

Hello everyone, has anybody used or seen one of those SAX 35mm projectors?, I have tried to email the company but they never return
my emails, look like a nice machine.

* pics1.jpg (58.45 KB, 524x774 - viewed 148 times.)
Xenon
Administrator

Xenon light is nice and bright! Keep in focus!

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 05:50:42 AM »

No, I never heard of this projector. Where is (was) it made?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 06:14:09 AM by Xenon » Logged
Patrick Walsh

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 05:03:42 PM »

Here is thier website http://www.cinematografiasax.com/projectors.html
I think they are spanish?
They also deal with 16mm machines by the looks of it.
admin
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 05:04:48 PM »

Sax - Cinematographic Machinery & Services
Our Story

SAX MAQUINARIA CINEMATOGRÁFICA Y SERVICIOS, S.L. ("Sax") was formed in 1950 and by 1960 had developed into one of the most successful suppliers to the cinema equipment industry. Sax registered its trademark and began selling its self-manufactured projectors and projector components. In the mid-60s, Sax became involved in showing movies in a new venue: the vastly popular open-air drive-in movie theatres.
proyeccion 35mm y 16mm; proyector cinematografico; scan reverse - sonido cyan, Projection 35mm 16mm; cinema/movie projector; scan reverse - cyan soundtrack El Mundo, 24 Jun 1999

In the following decade Sax followed a similar pattern until the 1980s, fateful years for the box office all over the nation. The burgeoning use of home videos and the subsequent closing of movie theatres in Madrid created a new venue that replaced the old movie clubs with double-feature and suburban theatres. These theatres became cultural centers and were mostly dependent on local administration. They filled the vaccum created in film presentation. During these transitional years, Sax, with its crew and equipment, took a major role in fitting-out numerous theatres and culture clubs, major colleges and other centers across the country. Sax has continued this activity to the present day.

Link here

http://www.cinematografiasax.com/presentation.html
admin
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 05:05:30 PM »

lol we posted the link at the same time   Cheesy
Yuri Aguilar

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 07:27:01 PM »

Hi folks,

yes, they're spanish, they were located in Madrid but nowadays are working in Almería. They installed cinemas in the 80's and 90's, but with the crisis of the cinemas at the beggining of 2000 and the crisis of the 35mm nowadays, they only sell a few accesories for cinemas and are speciallyzed in scan-reverse conversions. The owner is a retired man called Pascual Leal, I've worked with him.

In Madrid was located a brand called Hispania. They made and installed 3 models of 35mm projectors and installed cinemas in the 60's and 70's. When they closed, they sold all pieces to SAX, and began to produce their model, named simply "SAX."

As a curiosity, SAX is the name of a small village in Alicante, Spain, who gave name to this little enterprise because was the birth place of the founder, Pascual Leal de Torres, the father of Pascual Leal.

Yuri Aguilar

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 07:30:10 PM »

Check the differences.

Patrick Walsh

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 11:13:57 PM »

Thanks for replts guys, they look like a nice well made machine!
Yuri I have sent you an email! Grin
Pat
xelablan

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 05:55:41 AM »

Hi: At the schooll where I studied when I was young, La Salle, there are two machines almost indenticall, except for the lamphouse. One of them is a Hispania ,like the one shown in the brochure that Yuri put, I think painted on black, but not sure, with a Westrex carbon arc lamphouse. The other one is a more modern Marino, painted on grey hammerite, with a vertical bulb Xenon lamphouse. The chrono is the same in the two unit as the Sax one. So, we have the same projection head under three different brand names. However, Marino -not the same manufacturer as Marin, the manufacturer of the well known MP 30 portable projector- had their own machines, under the Vincitor name.
Alex
Patrick Walsh

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 12:47:26 AM »

Very interesting, I have always liked european made 35mm machines.
 Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: