35mmforum.co.uk
November 17, 2018, 03:32:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Good to see the forum going from strength to strength.
Welcome to the european 35mmforum.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
[EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU]
Topic: JGS chinese portable red led conversion  (Read 1451 times)
Patrick Walsh

« on: November 07, 2010, 02:57:21 PM »

Hi everyone, has anyone converted a Chinese portable to play the cyan track films?, Just got word from the factory that the machines are still sold with the exciters, they can convert them for me but the cost was staggering, so I thought I may do it myself when I get the machines, the model is 105-x, I have converted a Westrex R3 soundhead and a Zeiss one for a Ernemann II ok, but I am unsure of the layout of the Chinese ones, and the soundhead lamphouse etc.
Xenon
Administrator

Xenon light is nice and bright! Keep in focus!

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 03:46:27 PM »

It must be possible to do so with some ease , I have converted my projector with a 3 watt lumiled
type LXHL LD3C and it took all together a couple of hours to do so but it was a Meo 5XB.
Maybe Rob Tucker (forum member) knows some more cos he owns one or two of those projectors.
You might send him a PM or email.

You also can contact Xelablan ( forum member) he does a lot of converting too.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 03:50:43 PM by Xenon » Logged
Xenon
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 03:51:43 PM »

BTW did you order the chinese projectors already?
Patrick Walsh

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 01:34:55 PM »

Well we have had a big earthquake here (biggest since the 1930s) so my cinema that I own was damaged and I require new projectors, so I am trying to get my insurance to buy me the portables!  Wink I was going to buy them myself but with this happening I thought I may as well try and get them through the business.
The Chinese can convert the machines themselves with a reverse scan soundhead but it was about $US850 per projector.
on the projectors I have at the cinema (Century c) I used a 1w led in place of the exciter and it worked very well and only cost along eith the power pack about $NZ20.
Xenon
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 04:13:43 PM »

Hi Patrick,

Why do you want to buy new Chinese projectors?
Since the trend is switching to digital , used projectors are sold for next to nothing.
Has the digital wave not yet hit New Zealand ?
Here you can buy A Kinoton FP 30 for about 800-1000 US dollars.
http://cgi.ebay.de/Kinoton-35mm-Kinoprojektor-FP30-3-fach-Teller-ST200-/170563452656?pt=Filmkameras_projektoren&hash=item27b65fbef0

There must be nice projectors for sale down there too!  Grin Cheesy
Patrick Walsh

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 11:25:12 PM »

Yes the dital projectors are here but not to many, My insurance will not buy me a digital projector it must be a film projector for a film projector, I would only use the portables at home anyway as they would not be suitable for commercial use all the time, I am currently gotten quotes for Tokiwas, Kinotons 2nd hand plants.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: