March 24, 2018, 06:00:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Good to see the forum going from strength to strength.
Welcome to the european 35mmforum.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
[EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU]
Topic: Cepiar Booth Monitor/Amp unit  (Read 471 times)

« on: December 03, 2011, 03:46:05 PM »

I've just obtained a secondhand booth monitor/amp unit which I'd like to test and hopefully connect into our system.

I wonder if anyone in the UK has such a unit and, possibly, a copy (or PDF) of the install or operating manual.

The unit has a front printed logo and the words 'UGC Cinemas'. I do know that other units (exactly the same in every other respect) are available bearing the words 'Virgin Cinemas'.

According to the back of the unit, the manufacturer is listed as ' Cepiar (London) Limited' but I understand that this company bit the dust within the last ten years.

I assume that the unit's use was largely confined to the UK, but I may be wrong.

The unit can be used to monitor either the processor or amp outputs and seems capable of being connected to an exterior monitor amp (I'd like to confirm this).

The processor inputs are connected via a fanning strip and the amp inputs via speakon sockets. Additionally, there are outputs for 'Monitor Send' and 'Deaf Aid Send'. There is an additional input for the 'Monitor Return'.

I suspect, judging by the front 'Emergency Monitor' button that there is some way that the unit may be able to send a mixed centre channel output in the event of amp failure.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Xenon light is nice and bright! Keep in focus!

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 06:46:28 AM »

I don't know if you've found an answer to your questions, hopefully you have.
If not, maybe it's wise to place a Photo here in this thread, maybe members will recognize the model and help you out!

Pages: [1]
Jump to: